The floors you choose can define your home’s entire character, so taking the time to consider your options is essential. But with so many choices on the market, it can be difficult to know which is best for you and your needs. However, as interior trends come and go, one choice has remained popular throughout the years: carpet.
Carpet is one of the best flooring options for your home, especially if you’re trying to add some warmth and comfort to your house. And with more carpeting options than ever, it’s possible to get the exact look and feel you want with all the benefits of other flooring types.
Read on for some of the top reasons to install carpeting in your home:
- Noise Reduction. Think of how much noise goes on in your home: from TVs, sound systems, and computers to the sound of a running dishwasher or HVAC unit; a lot of sounds go on inside that may disrupt your daily activities. Carpeting provides a “sound cushion” or sorts between floors, reducing sound transmission from floor to floor and room to room. It can also soften the sound of foot traffic.
- Insulation. Like the cushion it provides for sound, carpet can also add some insulation to your home, preventing heat from escaping. It is particularly nice in the colder months since you’ll need to spend more money to heat your home. Consider it a small way to save some money on your energy bills!
- Safety. Carpet adds soft, pillow-like protection to your home, meaning that fragile items are safer from falling, and you’re less likely to sustain an injury if you trip. Carpeted staircases are popular because they add more protection if you fall downstairs.
- Comfort. Carpet is the most comfortable option compared to any other floor option. Its soft and flexible nature makes it easy on your feet and will provide a nice layer of warmth in those colder months. If you’re looking for the most comfortable option, then carpet is it!
- Style. Carpet has come a long way since it first entered the market, and there are more stylish options than ever. Now, you can find carpet in almost any color, material, and length, so you can find an option that fits your home aesthetic.
- Cost. There is a range of flooring costs, but generally, carpet is the most affordable type of flooring because the materials and installation process are typically cheaper than hardwood or vinyl flooring, eliminating the need to prepare the subfloor and so on.
Trust Carpet Depot for all your carpeting needs! We offer a wide selection of carpeting, sheet vinyl, and luxury vinyl. Our certified team ensures you select the best product for your needs, taste, and budget. And when it’s time for installation, we use our experienced and insured installers who treat your home with the respect it deserves.
Visit our showroom and speak with one of our consultants, or call (910) 849-3225 for more information. You’ll be glad you did!